A spring hair bow doesn’t have to be just about ribbons. Add interest to a spring hair bow with an uncommon component—felt strips. The Bowdabra® Bow Making & Design Tool makes is easy.
Gather these supplies for your Unique Spring Hair Bow:
- Twelve 5″ x ½” felt strips
- 18″ length of Bowdabra bow wire
- One embellishment of your choice
- One hair clip
- Bowdabra Bow Making & Design Tool
- Hot glue
Let’s Make the Spring Hair Bow
- Cut 12 strip of felt 5″ x ½”.
- Fold the Bowdabra bow wire in half and place it in the Bowdabra. You can tuck the wire ends under the Bowdabra so they are out of the way.
- Reserving one strip, layer 11 of the felt strips in the Bowdabra. (Note: You can add more felt strips for a fuller/larger bow.)
- Compress the strips with the Bowdabra wand.
- With the felt strips still in the Bowdabra, pass the ends of the bow wire through the loop, and tighten. Tie a secure knot on the reverse side of the bow. Leave the wire ends long.
- Use the reserved felt strip to wrap around the center of the bow covering the knot in the bow wire. Secure in place with a dot of hot glue.
- Trim excess wrapping strip and bow wires.
- Hot glue the hair clip in place on the back of the bow.
- Hot glue your selected embellishment to the center front of the bow.
- Enjoy!! For more quick and easy DIY tutorials visit the Bowdabra blog each week. And be sure and like us on Facebook. Each Monday at 4:00 p.m. PST, 5:00 p.m. MST, 6:00 p.m. CST, and 7:00 p.m. EST, Bowdabra hosts Facebook live. There is always something new to make and we take you through the easy steps. Each week one lucky viewer will receive a special gift!