This pompom bunny tail bow uses the Mini Bowdabra in a different way to create the pompom tail. Follow these instructions to learn how. This cute bunny tail bow is perfect to decorate an Easter basket or wreath.
Here’s the supplies that you’ll need:
- Yarn (length will depend on the thickness of the yarn—thinner yarns require more length)
- One yard 6″ tulle
- One yard 8″ tulle
- 14″ length 2″ holographic glitter canvas ribbon
- Two 18″ lengths Bowdabra bow wire
- Mini Bowdabra
- Pattern for bunny ears
- Hot glue
- Two craft sticks (optional)
Let’s start making the pompom bunny tail:
- Lay one unfolded length of bow wire between the Mini Bowdabra pillars. This is different from the usual way of placing the wire.
- Lay an end of yarn in the Mini Bowdabra.
- Wrap the yarn around the pillars and through the slot, following the wrapping directions in the photo below. Keep a gentle tension on the yarn so that it wraps snuggly, but it not over-stretched.
- Compress the yarns during the wrapping process and again at the end when the Mini Bowdabra is filled with yarn.
- With the yarn still in the Mini Bowdabra, lift the wire tails and tie a very tight knot. Remove from the Mini Bowdabra.
- Cut the yarn loops. If necessary, give your pompom bunny tail a hair cut to even out the shape.
Now, we’ll make the bunny’s body:
- Fold the Bowdabra bow wire in half and place in the Mini Bowdabra. You can tuck the wire ends under the Mini Bowdabra so they are out of the way.
- Fold the 8″ tulle in half lengthwise. Lay the length of 6″ tulle on top. Scrunch the layered tulle into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Compress the tulle with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
- With the tulle still in the Mini Bowdabra, pass the ends of the bow wire through the loop, and tighten. Tie a secure knot on the reverse side of the bow. Leave the wire ends long.
- Position the bunny tail pompom of top of the tulle bow, bringing the wire ends to the back. Tie a secure knot.
For the ears:
- Trace the bunny ears pattern onto the canvas side of the holographic ribbon. Cut out the shapes.
- Position the ears so that they are slightly overlapped.
- Run a bead of hot glue over the base of the ears. Center the tulle/pompom bow on top of the hot glue.
- If your bunny ears need additional support, hot glue a craft stick or wooden coffee stir to the canvas side of the ear.
- Use the long wire ends to attach the pompom bunny tail bow to an Easter basket or wreath, or incorporate it in a centerpiece.