Treat mom to the perfect spa basket on her special day. It’s easy to create with just a towel and ribbon—and the Bowdabra Bow Making & Design Tool.
Here’s the supplies that you’ll need for the Spa Basket:
- 8′ length 2½” wired ribbon
- Matching ribbon to tie around basket (length depends on the size of your basket)
- 18″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- Bowdabra Bow Making & Design Tool
- Bath towel
- Your choice of spa items
Follow this tutorial to make your towel into a basket. Next, tie a length of ribbon around the basket, and set aside while we make the bow.
Here’s how to make the bow:
- Begin the bow with a 5″ tail.
- Make a fold bow with the 8′ length of wired ribbon.
- Compress the ribbon with the Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbon still in the Bowdabra, pass the ends of the bow wire through the loop, and tighten. Tie a secure knot on the back of the bow, leaving the wire ends long.
- Fluff the bow. Use the wire ends to attach it to the ribbon band around the basket. Trim the wire ends.
Fill your perfect spa basket. Here’s a list of things you might include:
- bubble bath
- body wash
- bath salts
- bath bombs
- spa slippers
- facial mask
- exfoliating scrubs
- eye mask
- linen spray
- lotions, oils, or creams
- pedicure or manicure materials
For more quick and easy DIY tutorials l visit the Bowdabra blog each week. And be sure and like us on Facebook. Each Monday at 4:00 p.m. PST, 5:00 p.m. MST, 6:00 p.m. CST, and 7:00 p.m. EST, Bowdabra hosts Facebook live. There is always something new to make and we take you through the easy steps. Also, each week one lucky viewer will receive a special gift!