Hello Crafty People! Learn how to turn trash to treasure with Bowdabra. This project was super easy and includes a small swag of found objects and scraps using the Bowdabra!
How to turn trash to treasure with Bowdabra
- Bowdabra Tool and Wire
- 6″ x 12″ canvas
- 6″ wide decorative wallpaper border (15″ length)
- 1-2 pages of old sheet music
- fabric scraps, ribbon scraps, piece of greenery
- alcohol inks: butterscotch, ginger, and raisin (Ranger Ink)
- adhesives and scissors.
- Cut the wallpaper border to 15″ and glue it to the canvas. Wrap both ends around the canvas and secure underneath. I used hot glue there, but the liquid adhesive on the front.
- Cut a bird shape/silhouette from old sheet music and pounce it with Raisin alcohol ink. Glue into place on the background when dry.
- Cut a few strips of sheet music and pounce with butterscotch and ginger alcohol inks.
- Cut a wing from misc fabric scrap and glue it onto the bird shape.
- Place the Bowdabra wire (folded to double) into the Tool and build a swag from the strips of inked sheet music, fibers, and ribbon, add a green leaf.
- Pull up the Bowdabra wire, put the loose ends through the looped end. Pull up and tighten. Tie off in the front and back. Glue the swag to the project.
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today! I hope you are inspired to get crafty! There are so many upcycled tutorials on the blog like this denim dog bow and more!
For more quick and easy DIY tutorials like this trash to treasure DIY, please visit the Bowdabra blog each week. And be sure and like us on Facebook. Each Monday at 4:00 p.m. PST, 5:00 p.m. MST, 6:00 p.m. CST, and 7:00 p.m. EST, Bowdabra hosts Facebook live. . Also each and every week one lucky viewer will receive a special gift!