Three toilet paper rolls transform to make a cell phone amplifier—a great DIY Father’s Day gift. Even the younger artist can have fun decorating the toilet paper rolls.
You’ll need these supplies:
- 3 toilet paper rolls
- Patterned paper, construction paper, markers, or acrylic paints to decorate the rolls
- Hot glue or liquid glue
- Craft knife
- Pattern for the end caps
Let’s make this awesome cell phone amplifier:
- Print the pattern for the end caps. Trace onto a piece of cardstock. Score and fold a line at the base of each triangle section.
- Glue the end caps on one end of two of the toilet paper rolls. Hot glue dries almost instantly, but if you’re using liquid glue you may need to hold the tabs in place with a rubber band until the glue dries.
- Decorate each of the rolls. You can paint them, cover them with washi tape, decorate them with markers or crayons, or cover them with patterned paper. I used patterned paper to cover mine.
- Measure the width and depth of the cell phone. Trace this measurement on the toilet paper roll without an end cap. Use a craft knife to cut out the hole.
- Trace the circles for the amplifier sides onto the toilet paper rolls that have the end caps. Position the template so the hole will be 1″ from the end with the end cap. Use a craft knife to cut out the hole.
Assemble the cell phone amplifier
- Assemble the cell phone amplifier.
- Now, blast those tunes!!