Hello Crafty People! Independence Day is on the way! Let’s get crafty to celebrate and make this sparkling lighted patriotic swag with Bowabra
- Bowdabra Tool, wire, and ribbon
- 3″ white glitter tulle
- 4″ royal blue ribbon
- 1.5″ silver/sheer ribbon
- curly red glitter branches (6)
- white cardstock
- 3 different sized star punches
- embossing pigment, embossing powders (silver, snowflake, and gold)
- misc: embossing tool, a strand of 100 mini-lights (battery-powered) scissors, tweezers
- hot glue to make the spray of stars
- 18″ grapevine wreath
How to make a lighted patriotic swag
Building the swag:
- Use 18-24″ of Bowdabra wire, fold in half, and place into the Bowdabra tool, wrap both ends underneath.
- Trim the red litter curly branches to size, approximately 12″. Stagger their lengths and place 3 on each side of the Bowdabra Tool.
- Using the 3″ glitter tulle, create 3 loops on each side.
- Make three loops for each side with the Royal Blue ribbon, slightly smaller than the previous layer of tulle. Repeat with the Silver/sheer ribbon.
Making the spray of stars:
- Punch out 6 white cardstock stars in each of the 3 sizes. Emboss each star with a mixture of Snowflake and Silver embossing powders. (Apply pigment, cover with powder and heat set).
- Punch 6-star “rings” by punching a small star first and then lining up the larger star over where you punched the small one. Emboss with gold powder.
- Use a discarded red glitter branch as the base to create the “spray” of stars. Attach stars in a random pattern with hot glue, spreading them out and attaching to themselves only as well.
- Add the star spray to the swag in progress.
- Using red ribbon, create three loops approximately 3″ long on each side.
- Untangle the mini lights and fold back and forth forming long loops mostly, then 2 short ones. Leave enough of the cord to comfortably place the battery pack to the backside.
- Use the Bowdabra tool to compact your creation in the base, pull the wire ends up. Pull the loose ends through the looped end, pull up tightly, and tie off.
- Attach to the grapevine wreath by tying the Bowdabra wire through a few branches.
- Fluff your ribbons and wire, turn on the lights!!! Then tuck the battery pack into the backside of the wreath branches.
Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this patriotic swag project and are inspired to create something gorgeous today.