Transform a dollar store scarf into the perfect patriotic bow for all the red, white, and blue holidays. This bow can be used to adorn a wreath or swag, or attach it to your mailbox to display your patriotic pride.
Gather these supplies for the Patriotic Bow:
- 5′ x 1′ scarf
- Red, silver, and blue chenille stems
- Skewer, knitting needle, or pencil
- Miniature flag
- 18″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- Bowdabra Bow Making & Design Tool
Let’s make the bow:
- Fold the bow wire in half and place it in the Bowdabra. You can tuck the wire ends under the Bowdabra so they are out of the way.
- Place one end of the scarf in the Bowdabra.
- Make a fold bow with the scarf.
- Wrap the chenille stems around a skewer, knitting needle, or pencil to form a coil.
- Add the coiled chenille stems to the Bowdabra.
- Compress the scarf and chenille stems with the Bowdabra wand.
- With the scarf still in the Bowdabra, pass the ends of the bow wire through the loop, and tighten. Tie a secure knot on the back of the bow, leaving the wire ends long.
- Fluff each individual loop of the bow. Tie the flag to the back of the bow with the wire ends.
- Use the long wire ends to attach the bow. It’s shown here decorating my mailbox.For more quick and easy DIY tutorials please visit the Bowdabra blog each week. And be sure and like us on Facebook. Each Monday at 4:00 p.m. PST, 5:00 p.m. MST, 6:00 p.m. CST, and 7:00 p.m. EST. Bowdabra hosts Facebook live. Each week one lucky viewer will receive a special gift!