Time to make these festive wine glass charms for your summer parties.
Here are the supplies you’ll need:
- Twelve 2½” lengths of narrow ribbons—1/8″, ¼”, 3/8″ wide
- 9″ length 6″ wide tulle
- Dangle charm
- One hoop for wine glass charm
- 18″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- Mini Bowdabra
Let’s make the Wine Glass Charms:
- Cut narrow ribbons into 2½” lengths. Use a variety of ribbons—grosgrain, satin, organza, etc. Quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal they m and prevent fraying. Cut the tulle in half lengthwise so you have two pieces measuring 3″ x 9″.
- Fold the bow wire in half and place it in the Mini Bowdabra. You can tuck the wire ends under the Mini Bowdabra so they are out of the way.
- First, scrunch the two pieces of tulle into the Mini Bowdabra, then layer the ribbons on top.
- Compress the tulle and ribbons with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
- With the tulle and ribbons still in the Mini Bowdabra, pass the ends of the bow wire through the loop, and tighten. Tie a secure knot, leaving the wire ends long.
- Fluff the bow and arrange individual lengths of ribbon.
- Thread a charm onto the bow wire with one wire going through from the front of the charm and the other going through from the back of the charm. Tighten and bring the wire to the back of the bow. Slide the hoop over one wire and tie in a knot. Trim the wire ends.
- Alternatively, you can eliminate the wire hoop for attaching the wine glass charm to the stem of the glass, and use the bow wires to tie it into place.
- Cheers!! Enjoy!