Kids can make this patriotic tea light using a toilet paper roll and craft sticks.
How to make a patriotic tea light
You need just a few supplies:
- Toilet paper or paper towel roll
- Craft sticks
- Red, white, and blue acrylic paint
- Liquid glue
- Battery operated tea light
- Double-sided adhesive (optional)
- Embellishments (optional)
Let’s make it:
- Measure the height of the tea light and mark it on the toilet paper roll.
- Next, cut away the excess roll, leaving the circle.
- Paint the craft sticks and set them aside to dry. I used three red, two white, and three blue.
- Add a bead of glue around the toilet paper roll. Optionally, add a band of double-sided tape, too.
- Glue the craft sticks in place around the toilet paper roll. A rubber band will help keep them in place as the glue dries.
- Set over a battery-powered tea light and enjoy!!
- You can optionally add embellishments for stars. I glued on rhinestones, but you could cut stars from white paper.
Follow Bowdabra on Facebook and you will see all the great projects we feature. In addition Join us for Facebook live on Mondays at 7:00 p.m. EST, 6:00 p.m. CST, 5:00 P.M. MST, and 4:00 p.m. PST.