Hello Crafty People! Today’s project is another “Christmas in July”. I’ll be making a really extra-large bow to adorn a tree cut from a wooden pallet.
How to make an extra large bow
I concede, my son made the wooden pallet tree, I just decorated it! But, I think, if you know your way around a simple saw, cut the square pallet into a triangle shape. There can be many variations to suit your style. He has removed most of the backside and every other board on the front side to get this look. The bottom has all sides intact.
Create the bow:
- Measure a long length (18″) of Bowdabra wire, fold in half and insert into the Bowdabra Tool, fold the ends of the wire underneath.
- Begin with a 12″ tail of ribbon. Bring the ends together, fold in half, and cut from the folded side to the outside to make forked ends.
- Begin looping ribbon into the Bowdabra tool, start with quite long loops (11-12″), and build layers, gradually getting smaller with each layer.
- I started with 6 loops on each side, then 5, 4, and 3.
- Compact the ribbon in the Bowdabra tool, release the wire. Put the loose ends through the looped end and pull them up to tighten. Tie off in the back.
- Fluff the loops and tie them onto the pallet tree.
Thanks so much for stopping by the Blog today! I hope you’re inspired to get crafty today.
For more quick and easy DIY tutorials visit the Bowdabra blog each week. And be sure and like us on Facebook. Each Monday at 4:00 p.m. PST, 5:00 p.m. MST, 6:00 p.m. CST, and 7:00 p.m. EST, Bowdabra hosts Facebook live. Be there and you might be our next winner for a free roll of ribbon!