A time capsule is a fun way to remember the school year. It’s like a journal or diary in a bottle. Young artists will have a great time decorating their own capsules.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Empty soda bottle
- Cardstock for label
- Variety of embellishment—pom poms, ribbon, rhinestones, googly eyes, etc.
- Liquid adhesive or double-sided tape
- Copy of the Capsule Prompts
Making the Time Capsule:
- Take height and circumference measurements of your bottle, and jot these down. These will help in determining the size of your label, lengths of ribbon, etc.
- Use cardstock to create your label. You can hand draw the label or select one from Time Capsule Labels.
- Decorate and label the bottle using double-sided tape or liquid adhesive.
If your young artist needs help getting started with things to include in their capsule, here are some ideas: Favorite fashions from a magazine, birthday newspaper, certificates and ribbons, art projects, photos, confetti, party items, essays, and more. And be sure to include the filled-out prompts.
The time capsule can be filled at the beginning of the school year, or have items added throughout the year. Either way, it will be fun and interesting to “open” the capsule and review its contents at the end of the school year.