It’s never too early to start thinking about Christmas! When a round wreath just isn’t quite right, try this perfect alternative Christmas wreath. Repurpose an empty picture frame and you have a stunning non-traditional home décor piece for the holidays.
Alternative Christmas Wreath
Gather these supplies:
- 48″ x 12″ length netting or tulle
- 36″ length 2″ wired ribbon
- Empty picture frame
- 20″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- Bowdabra Bow Making & Design Tool
- Letters from pattern
- Double-sided tape
Let’s make the Alternative Wreath:
- Cut ribbon to length and seal the ends by quickly passing through a flame.
- Fold the 20″ length of bow wire in half and place it in the Bowdabra. You can tuck the wire ends under the Bowdabra so they are out of the way.
- Scrunch the netting into the Bowdabra.
- Add the ribbon on top of the netting. For single-sided ribbon like I’m using, begin with the ribbon face down.
- Continue to make a fold bow .
- Compress the netting and ribbon with the Bowdabra wand.
- With the netting and ribbon still in the Bowdabra, pass the ends of the bow wire through the loop, and tighten. Tie a secure knot on the back of the bow, leaving the wire ends long.
- Using the wire ends, attach the bow to the top center of the frame. Leave the end long for hanging the frame.
- Print the letters pattern and select the appropriate size for your frame. I used the largest letters for a 16″ x 13″ frame. Use the letters as a template to cut out your cardstock.
- Use double-sided tape to attach the letters to the corner of the frame.
- Finally, use the long wire ends to hang your alternative wreath.