Celebrate autumn with this acorn pom-pom mobile. Makes a great display piece for your home.
Here’s the supplies that you’ll need:
- 10 acorn caps
- 10 pom-poms in fall colors
- Five 20″ lengths of thread, twine, or yarn
- One 24″ length of thread, twine, or yarn
- Large sharp needle
- Small branch 9″ to 12″ in length
- Liquid glue
Let’s make the Acorn Pom-pom Mobile:
- Gather acorn caps and a small branch. Store these in the freezer for a couple of days to kill any beasties.
- Pierce a small hole in the center of the acorn cap. You can use a small hand drill, an awl, an ice pick, a large sharp needle, or a slender nail and hammer.
- If you can’t find the color pom-poms you want, color white pom-poms with markers to get fall colors.
- Thread the needle with a 20″ length of yarn. Thread an acorn cap onto the yarn.
- Tie a knot on the inside of the acorn cap.
- Repeat with another acorn cap at the other end of the yarn.
- Repeat Steps 5 and 6 with the remaining 20″ lengths of yarn.
- Add glue to the inside of the acorn caps.
- Glue a pom-pom to the inside of the acorn caps.
- Attach the acorn pom-poms to the branch. Either wrap the yarn around the branch a couple of times or tie it in place.
- Tie the ends of the 24″ length of yarn to the ends of the branch for hanging the acorn pom-pom mobile.
- Enjoy autumn!!
Check out the Bowdabra blog each Friday for another fun kid’s art or craft project.