Hello, friends! It’s Nancy here with a new project, How to decorate a Christmas mirror with Bowdabra!
This month I have decorated a wood-framed Christmas mirror,
with a beautiful Bowdabra bow!
You can buy these simple wood frames at Michaels very inexpensively.
They come as photo frames or framed mirrors.
I cut a really pretty Christmas paper to fit the frame.
I distressed all the edges of the paper
and adhered it in place over the frame.
How to decorate a Christmas mirror with Bowdabra
Then I went on to make the lovely red bow!
Red Sparkly Wired Ribbon;
Decorated Wood Framed Mirror;
1. First, place the ruler over the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Cut a piece of the Bowdabra wire approximately 18″ long. Fold in half. Insert into the Bowdabra tool, as shown in the photo. Tuck the extra length under the base of the tool.
3. Next, determine how long you want your tails to be. Insert the ribbon into the Bowdabra tool at that measurement. I made mine about 10″ long.
4. Then, determine how wide you want your bow to be. I wanted mine to be approximately 6″ wide. I made my first loop the width of the ruler, which is just over 3″. That will give just a little bit of extra room for some fluffing of the bow, and making it 6″ wide.
5. Twist the ribbon, insert it into the tool, and form your second loop on the other side.
6. Make a second loop, on top of the first, measuring 2 1/” inches. Twist the ribbon, and insert it into the tool. Repeat for the second loop on the left side.
7. Now measure out your second tail, and trim the ribbon off.
8. Using the Bowdabra wand, scrunch the ribbon all down tightly.
Finishing your bow
9. Pull the wire up from beneath the Bowdabra Tool. Insert the wire ends through the wire loop and pull securely, holding the ribbon down with your other hand.
Here’s a closer look at what that looks like.
10. Remove the bow from the Bowdabra Tool, and trim the wire ends.
11. To finish off my bow, I cut a small piece of ribbon, folded it over, and wrapped it around the center of the bow. This hides the wire and makes a pretty center. This piece of ribbon can be stitched or glued in place.
Finally, adhere the ribbon in place to the top of the decorated Christmas mirror frame.
I then gave my ribbon tails a bit of a twist to finish it off!
* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I’ll be back next month with another fun bow project!