Customize a cheerleader hair bow with the addition of a personalized megaphone embellishment.
Instructions for Personalized Cheerleader Hair Bow:
- Print the megaphone templates on cardstock. Select the appropriate size for your cheerleader hair bow. Color with markers and hand letter the name. Cut out the embellishment. Using two layers of cardstock will add extra rigidity to the embellishment.
- Cut ribbon to appropriate length. My bow has 5½” tails and 3″ loops. For longer tails and/or larger loops, allow extra length.
- Dovetail the ribbon ends by folding the ribbon in half lengthwise and cutting an angle from the ribbon tips to the fold, as pictured below.
- Seal the ribbon ends by quickly passing through a flame.
- Position the ruler on the Mini Bowdabra.
- Fold the 18″ length of bow wire in half and place it in the Mini Bowdabra. You can tuck the wire ends under the Mini Bowdabra so they are out of the way.
- Center the ribbon in the Mini Bowdabra.
- Bring one end over the top of the pillar and insert the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra. Follow the markings on the ruler to make a 3″ loop.
- Repeat on the other side with the second ribbon end.
- Compress the ribbon with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbon still in the Mini Bowdabra, pass the ends of the bow wire through the loop, and tighten. Tie a secure knot on the back of the bow, leaving the wire ends long.
- Next, we’ll add the hair clip to the reverse side of the bow. Extend the wire ends, one to each side.
- Hot glue the clip in place. Trim the wire ends.
Add the megaphone embellishment
- On the front of the bow, hot glue the personalized megaphone in place.
- Optionally, add a chevron of heat transfer vinyl.
- With an iron: Work on a hard, non-metal surface. Set iron to dry heat at the linen setting. Preheat the ribbon where the chevron will be placed. Place the chevron on the ribbon. Cover with a protective layer of foil, parchment, or Teflon craft mat between ribbon and iron. Apply firm pressure for 25 to 30 seconds. Turn the ribbon over, reposition the protective sheet, and iron again for 25 to 30 seconds. Peel carrier sheet from HTV.
- Go and cheer for your favorite team!!