Kids will love being part of the decorating festivities when they make this holiday door hanger. This jingle bell door hanger makes a great gift—and you can make it for under $5!!
Here are the supplies you’ll need for your door hanger:
- 1 wide-mouth Mason jar ring
- 1 package of extra large jingle bells (I found these at the dollar store.)
- One 3 yard reel of 5/8″ printed satin ribbon (Scored at the dollar store again :) )
- Double-sided tape
Let’s make the Holiday Door Hanger:
- Cut the ribbon into one 40″ length and three 15″ lengths. Quickly pass the ends of the ribbon through a flame to seal them. (Have an adult help with the flame, or you can use clear nail polish to seal the ribbon)
- Wrap the jar ring with the 40″ length of ribbon. Anchor the beginning with a piece of double-sided tape.
- Stop wrapping when about 1½” to 2″ of ribbon remains. Set aside. If necessary, you can anchor the ribbon tail with a piece of tape to keep it in place.
- Tie a bell to each end of the three 15″ lengths of ribbon.
- Add a small piece of double-sided tape to the center of the wrong side of two of the 15″ lengths.
- Expose the adhesive, and stack the ribbons, one on top of another.
- Position a glue dot or double-sided tape on the jar ring where you stopped wrapping.
- Glue the stack of 15″ lengths with the bells on the glue dot or tape.
- Wrap the tail of the 40″ length of ribbon around the bundle and secure it on the inside of the ring with double-sided tape.
- Hang and enjoy!!
If you enjoyed making this adorable holiday door hanger please come back and visit Bowdabra blog each Friday for another kids art project or craft!