What are y’all making with the Dollar Tree Bicycle Spoke Wreath Form? I was experimenting with it last night & ended up with this large Flower Wreath!
Don’t mind my choice of colors, this was the only deco mesh I had on hand to play with. I made a leaf for all 12 spokes, then I filled my large Bowdabra full of deco mesh into a big scrunchy poof/bloom. When I discovered that wasn’t enough flower puff to fill in this large wreath form, I added 4 more poofs at 1.5 yards each to fill in the gaps. This wreath ended up measuring 30″! Overall, I am very happy with how this floral experiment turned out. I can’t wait to make this wreath in some other colors… I’m thinking my next one will be red, for Christmas!
How to make a gorgeous flower wreath from Dollar store supplies
The materials for part 1:
- 2 different colors of deco mesh
- Spoke Wreath form from Dollar Tree
- Zip ties
- Large Bowdabra
- Optional: Clear, brown, or black spray paint in case the flower center needs a touch-up as mine did.
- Recycled center from a large sunflower
- (Something to attach a zip tie or wire to the flower center. I used cut-off floral push pins & hot glue.)
Materials for Part 2:
- 3-4 different sizes, prints, and colors of ribbon (My ribbon selection is from the Bowdabra Christmas kits.)
- Zip ties
- Assorted Christmas green picks, berries (Optional: sticks/twigs)
- 20″ Christmas Green Wreath
- Optional: 6″ deco mesh for scrunchy bows for the pick bundles that you will be making
Attaching the elements