Add sparkle to your holiday decorations with this DIY glitter ornament. Top it off with the perfect bow, and it’s complete.
These are the supplies that you’ll need for the glitter ornament and the bow:
Let’s make the glitter ornament first:
- Remove the ornament’s hanger and set aside. Pour a small amount of gilding adhesive into the ornament. Gilding adhesive goes on wet and white. When it is dry, it is tacky and clear.
- Swirl the adhesive to completely cover in inside of the ornament.
- Invert the ornament over a collection contain so you can reclaim the gilding adhesive that drains away. Notice that the adhesive is white when it is wet. Set the ornament aside until the adhesive is completely dry and clear.
- Pour glitter into the ornament, and, covering the opening, shake to coat the entire inside of the ornament. Replace the hanger, and set the glittered ornament aside while we make the bow.
Now, let’s make the perfect bow:
- Cut the ribbon to length, dovetail the ends of the 18″ length of ribbon, and pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal the ends.
- Fold bow wire in half and put it in the Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Center the 18″ length of ribbon in the Bowdabra to form the tails of the bow.
- Next, make a bow with the 48″ length of ribbon.
- Compress the ribbon with the Bowdabra wand.
- With the bow still in the Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop and tighten. Tie a knot on the reverse side. Leave the wire ends long to attach the bow to the ornament.
- Fluff the bow and arrange individual loops.
Add the bow to the top of the ornament:
- Pass the wire ends through the ornament hanger with one wire going in one direction and the other wire going in the opposite direction. Tie a secure knot at the base of the bow.
- Bring the wire ends to the top of the bow, and tie a knot at the ends to form a hanging cord for the ornament.
- Happy holidays!!