Use yarn, ribbon, and fabric scraps to make a heart necklace for your Valentine.
Here are the supplies you’ll need:
- Five 30″ to 36″ lengths of different yarn, fun fibers, fabric strips, twine, 1/8″ ribbon, etc.
- Two 3″ x 3″ pieces of felt, each a different color
- Charm or bead
- Heart Necklace Template
Let’s make the Valentine Heart Necklace:
- Print the Heart Necklace Template and cut out the shapes.
- Trace the shapes, each on a different color of felt.
- Align the top points of the hearts.
- Punch a hole through both hearts about ¼” below the top center point.
- Fold one of the thinnest lengths of fiber in half, and pull a loop through the hole so the loop is on the front of the hearts.
- Add your charm or bead by passing the loop through it.
- Center the bundle of fibers above the hearts and on top of the thin fiber tails. Pass the tails of the thin fiber through the loop and tighten.
- Add one of the thin fiber tails to the fiber bundle on the right, and the other to the bundle on the left. Tie a simple overhand knot with all the fibers 4″ to 5″ from the hearts on each side.
- Knot the ends of each bundle together.
- Wear your Valentine heart necklace, or give it to your Valentine.