Kids can make this cell phone lanyard guard for under $5. What a great gift idea for anyone on their list who has a cell phone!!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/8 yard of strong, thin material—I’ve used waterproof canvas from Walmart and olefin fabric from Hobby Lobby
- Lanyard Guard pattern template
- Double-sided tape
- Lanyard (I found them at the dollar store)
Let’s make a cell phone lanyard guard:
- Print the Lanyard Guard pattern template. Position the template on the fabric. Depending on the width of your fabric, 1/8 yard will make between 5 and 10 guards.
- Trace around the template.
- Cut out the lanyard guard.
- Position double-sided tape on one of the rectangular ends. Trim away any excess tape. Expose the second side of the tape. Fold the piece in half.
- Position the guard inside the cell phone case, and return the cell phone to the case.
- Add a lanyard to the hanging tab.
Please like us on Facebook and visit the Bowdabra blog each week for more kids’ art projects and crafts. Looking for inexpensive winter crafts to keep the kiddos busy when it’s too cold and snowy? Try this craft using simple paper clips!