Get kids into the red, white, and blue spirit with this patriotic display piece that they can create.
You only need a few supplies:
- Paint stir sticks
- Red, white, and blue acrylic paints
- Buttons or rhinestones for the stars
- Liquid glue
Let’s make the Patriotic Display Piece:
- Begin by sanding off the printing on the stir sticks. You can use any number of sticks. I made this piece using 6″ ends leftover from another project. If you’re using full-length stir sticks you’ll need 12—one for the blue horizontal piece and 10 or 11 for the red and white ones, depending on how closely you space them.
- Paint the sticks: one blue; two white; three red. Set aside to dry.
- Begin the assembly by gluing the two red end sticks under the blue one.
- Next, add the center red one. Then, glue the two white ones in place, centering each one between the adjacent red sticks.
- Add the stars along with the blue top stick. You can use buttons, rhinestones, or cut out paper stars.
- Your patriotic piece is ready for display!
Hey kids! Be sure to check out the Bowdabra blog every Friday for another amazing kid’s craft or art project. Get the entire family crafting together. And don’t forget to like us on Facebook.