05In this easy step by step DIY tutorial Bowdabra designer, Nancy shows you how to crinkle ribbon and make an adorable tag topper bow to liven up your gift or journal tags
It’s Nancy here to share a new Bowdabra Bow project!
I recently put these pretty tags together for inserts in a junk journal I’m working on.
They were in need of a pretty ribbon tag topper bow.
I knew I wanted something that was loopy and wrinkled.
I pulled out my Mini Bowdabra Bow Making Tool and got to work.
Here is how I did it:
I’ll begin with the yellow seam binding that matches one of the tags.
This seam binding has lots of polyester in it.
A rayon seam binding crinkles up much more but I didn’t have any in yellow.
3. Insert the ribbon into the tool with the end on the left side at the 3-inch line, and make the first bow loop on the right side. This loop measured 3″.
4. Twist the ribbon, insert it into the tool, and form another 3″ loop on the other side.
8. To proceed with crinkling up the bow, spritz it liberally with water.
9. Smoosh the wet ribbon up into a tight little ball, and wrap the wire ends around it.
11. Once they’re dry, unwrap the wire and fluff up the bow. Use the wire to attach the bow to the top of the tag.
* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I’ll be back next month with another fun bow project!