Transform two canning jar rings to make this cute snowman decoration that is the perfect wintertime home décor piece.
Here are the supplies that you’ll need to make your snowman decoration:
- 1 large canning jar ring
- 1 small canning jar ring
- Hat and Holly Template
- 40″ length 1″ white ribbon
- 36″ length 1″ white ribbon
- 45″ length 5/8″ solid colored ribbon
- 10″ length 5/8″ solid colored ribbon
- 30″ length 5/8″ patterned ribbon
- 10″ length 5/8″ patterned ribbon
- 18″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hot glue or glue dots
- 3″ square black felt
- 2″ length 1/8″ red ribbon
- Scrap of green cardstock
- Two red rhinestones
Let’s make the snowman:
- Cut all ribbons to length and pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal the ends.
- Secure one end of the 40″ length of white ribbon to the inside of the larger jar ring with a glue dot or hot glue.
- Wrap the ribbon around the jar ring. Secure the finishing end to the inside of the jar ring with a glue dot or hot glue.
- Repeat Steps 1 and 2 for the smaller ring.
Join the rings with a glue dot or hot glue, and set them aside. Make the bow for your snowman
- To make the bow, begin by folding the bow wire in half and putting it in the Mini Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Mini Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Center the two 10″ lengths of ribbon in the Mini Bowdabra.
- With the 45″ length of solid colored ribbon, make a bow.
- With the 30″ length of patterned ribbon, make a slightly smaller bow on top of the first one.
- Compress the ribbons with the wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Mini Bowdabra, pass the ends of the bow wire through the loop, and tighten.
- Tie a secure knot on the back of the bow, leaving the wire ends long.
- Fluff the bow and arrange individual loops.
- Use the bow wire ends to attach the bow where the two jar rings meet.
- Print out the hat and holly templates. Cut the hat from the black felt and the holly leaves from the green cardstock. Glue the holly leaves in place, then add the red ribbon hatband, trimming excess as necessary. Finally, glue two red rhinestones in place for holly berries.
- Add a length of fish line or bow wire to the center of the top ring for hanging the decoration. Glue the completed hat to the top jar ring snowman.