I never toss the beautiful Bowdabra bows I make, because it’s so easy to reuse them in another project. For this project, I’ve recycled a wreath bow that I made three years ago to make a Christmas card display.
Supplies for the Christmas Card Display
- If you don’t have an appropriate recycled bow, you can make a new one following these directions.
- Fold the 18″ bow wire in half and put it in the Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Center the 52″ length of ribbon in the Bowdabra.
- With the ribbon still in the Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop, tighten, and tie a secure knot.
- Use the wire ends to attach the streamers to the back of the recycled wreath bow.
- In 4″ to 6″ intervals, attach the paper clips to the streamers. I’ve chosen to sew mine in place so they can be easily removed if I want to reuse this bow again for a new project.
- Alternatively, you can pierce a small hole in the ribbon with an awl and thread the paper clip through the hole.
- Optionally, you can add a length of fishline for hanging the Christmas card display.
- Now you’re ready for Christmas mail!!
For more quick and easy DIY tutorials visit the Bowdabra blog each week. And be sure and like us on Facebook Each Monday at 4:00 p.m. PST, 5:00 p.m. MST, 6:00 p.m. CST, and 7:00 p.m. EST, Bowdabra hosts Facebook live. Don’t miss it!