Hello, friends! It’s time for another fun Fall themed Bowdabra project! This time we are making some amazing burlap ribbon napkin rings.
How to create fall-themed burlap ribbon napkin rings
I’ve made some Fall napkin rings, using the fabulous Burlap Ribbons from Bowdabra:
Aren’t they just perfect for a Fall project? :o)
Here is how I did it:
There are five of us in the family, and there are five fabulous burlap ribbons.
Each of the colors is also in the Fall napkins I have on hand.
1. To begin, I cut a 6″ piece of ribbon from each roll. It’s a nice size to work with.
2. I folded the ribbon in half to find the front center. I threaded my Bowdabra Wire onto a needle with an eye big enough to thread it easily. Then I just got to stitching! The initials in my family were all very straight and easy to stitch. The holes in the burlap are easy to see and count. If you’ve not done much of this kind of work, you might want to start with a pencil and some graph paper. Just sketch out your letters before you stitch. I knotted the end of my wire and pulled it through from the back.
3. I added a strip of interfacing to the back of the ribbon. This prevents the knots and wire ends from showing through to the front. I didn’t fasten the interfacing in any way…I just held it against the ribbon. It seemed to cling to it. If you have concerns about it shifting, then just use fusible interfacing and iron it in place before you begin.
Add the personalization to the napkin rings
4. Once the initials were all stitched, I folded one edge under and stitched it in place, forming the ring.
5. Then I just continued to stitch an overcast stitch along the top and bottom edge. To finish off, I knotted the wire, left a little tail, and folded it to the inside.
Here’s a closer look:
These Burlap Ribbons
from Bowdabra are just fabulous for all your Fall projects!
Stitching with the wire is lots of fun too!
I wonder what else I can come up with.
* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I’ll be back next month with another fun bow project!
* * * * *
Tags: burlap ribbon napkin rings, How to make napkin rings, burlap ribbon crafts, Easy fall DIY, Bowdabra DIY, DIY, fall crafts, Fall table decor, how to, Nancy Nickel, Napkin rings