Well, it used to be the “dollar” store, but in my area, it’s now the $1.25 store. But, there are still bargains to be had. With these three finds, you can create the perfect autumn bow.
Here are the supplies that you’ll need to create this autumn bow:
*look for this at a dollar store
Let’s make the autumn bow:
- Fold the 20″ bow wire in half and put it in the Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Make a fold bow with a 7′ length of mesh ribbon.
- Next, scrunch the tulle into the Bowdabra. Remove individual leaves from the garland and layer in the Bowdabra on top of the mesh ribbon and tulle.
- Compress the ribbon, tulle, and leaves with the Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbon, tulle, and leaves still in the Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop, and tighten. Bring the wires to the back side of the bow and tie a knot. Leave the wire ends long for now.
- Arrange each loop of the mesh ribbon and fluff the tulle.
- Using hot glue or glue dots, randomly add leaves to the lantern.
- Use the wire ends to tie the bow to the base of the lantern.
For quick and easy DIY tutorials please visit the Bowdabra blog each week. And be sure and like us on Facebook. Each Monday at 4:00 p.m. PST, 5:00 p.m. MST, 6:00 p.m. CST, and 7:00 p.m. EST, Bowdabra hosts Facebook live. Every week one lucky viewer will receive a special gift!