Watch this easy DIY video as Bowdabra designer, Joette show you how to make an amazing Halloween deco mesh door swag.
Anyone can create an adorable Halloween deco mesh Door Swag using the Bowdabra Bow Maker.
- Cut a length of Christmas garland of your choice
- 10” Wide Burlap (Length determined by the size of garland you select to use.)
- 2 or 3 – different colors of 6” wide Deco Mesh (Amount will be determined by the size of swag you choose to make and if you want to add some mesh onto the burlap.) Optional: 1- 6” Wide Burlap roll.
- Foam Pumpkins
- Halloween Glitter Balls or Christmas Tree balls
- Assorted ribbons of your choice… And assorted sizes: 2.5”, 1.5” & 3/4” will mix well together in these Funky Bows. For the larger bows, you’ll want at least 6-8 strips of 20”-22” & 1 strip of 2.5” wide at 14”… For the smaller bows, 6”-8” at 16” to 18” of the ribbons & 2 strips at 6” each for the centers. (Pre-Dovetail all the strips of ribbon if you wish, to save yourself a little time.)
- 1 – Vertical Halloween Sign or 3 6”-8” letters
- 2 – Medium to Large cute spiders
- Large Bowdabra
- Bowdabra Bow Wire or Zip Ties
- Hot Glue
- Optional: Extra garland branches or pipe cleaners
First, find a vertical Halloween sign and determine the size of swag you want make, according to the size of the sign you choose.
Next, gather up matching supplies from the supply list and you’ll have one of these adorable Halloween Door Swags of your own in no time at all!
The supplies list for this easy swag will depend on what size you make yours. The swag in this video tutorial is approximately 4ft long & 15” wide. If you make yours smaller, your will not need as many bows or as much deco mesh as needed for this one.
Create your deco mesh door swag
Weave the burlap around your garland branch. Now, create deco mesh curls. Using the Bowdabra cut a piece of bow wire and fold in half. Lay in the Bowdabra. This will be your slip knot. Using pieces of burlap and deco mesh 6″ wide x 8″ long place them in the Bowdabra one at a time. Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand. Use the slip knot to tie and remove from the Bowdabra.
Make the funky bows
Now, make a funky bow by using various colors of ribbon strips 22″ long. Dovetail the ends. Place a zip tie or some Bowdabra bow wire in the Bowdabra. Then, taking the first color, fold to make a loop and continue with the next color.
Add the pumpkins and ornaments. Attach all the elements to the swag and adjust dn arrange all the bows and extras. Anyone can make a gorgeous Halloween deco mesh door swag!
Tags: Halloween deco door swag, deco mesh door swag, Joette video DIY, DIY Funky Bow, Bowdabra Bow Making, Bowdabra DIY, Bowdabra Tutorial, funky bow, Halloween swag, how to make, how to make a bow, ribbon bow, Video DIY