I love bracelets and I am always looking for creative ways to design new and unique styles. Create a fun one size fits all two-sided bracelet with only two craft supplies aluminum and ribbon!
Additional tools needed are a hot glue gun and scissors.
1. First begin by cutting two identical strips of aluminum with rounded ends. We made strips that were 8.5? long. Use caution when cutting craft aluminum and safety gloves. Once you cut the two strips glue them together. The strips glued together gives your bracelet extra strength and durability.
2. Next, cut 1.5 yards each of three strands of 3/8? grosgrain. Use two of the same colors and one coordinating color. Hot glue the ribbon strands to the end of the aluminum. Set the ribbon up according to the picture below.
3. Bring the ribbon to the front and braid once. Bring the left then the right ribbon across the inside of the bracelet and around to the front.
4. Continue the process of braiding in the front and then wrapping each strand around the back and then to the front.
5. By just wrapping the ribbon around the back instead of braiding the back you are creating a separate pattern on the back.
6. Braid the front, wrap the back, until you reach the bottom of the bracelet. At the bottom of the bracelet hot glue the ends, trim away the ribbon, seal the ends and hide the ends inside of the braided, wrapped pattern.
7. The bracelet is ready to be worn on either side. Just wrap and form it around your wrist.