The other day I showed you how to recycle bottlecaps: I used Mod Podge to decoupage little flowers onto bottle caps. Today, I am adding those same bottle caps to a scrapbooking page.
I first began gathering all the supplies I needed. I wanted to showcase some pictures that my husband took while we were on vacation for our anniversary, some cut-outs from the anniversary cards we received, some sheer and bobbin ribbon, and lastly some cute little buttons (I received the buttons in a prize package from Buttons Galore.)
Next, I added the pictures, bottle caps, and cardstock. I used glue dots not only for the photos but also around the rim of the bottle caps.
I finished my scrapbooking page with a mutli-colored sheer ribbon bow.
Materials Needed to Make the Bow:
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- 7/8 Sheer Lime
- 7/8 Sheer Copen
- 7/8 Sheer Dusty Rose
1. First begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler (metric side) onto the Mini Bowdabra. Next, cut an 18? piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Place the end of each sheer ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
3. The last ribbon you placed into the Mini Bowdabra should be the first one you create a loop with. Make 3 loops at the 3cm mark.
4. Create three 3 cm loops on the other side. Alternate the top and bottom loop colors for extra fun. Trim the sheer ribbon from the spools leaving a small tail.
5. Scrunch down the ribbon with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
6. Take the small front tail and fold it over the Bowdabra Bow Wire to create an easy finishing ribbon. Hot glue or glue dot the ribbon tails in place. Then taking a pencil or paint brush handle, spiral the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire to create fun ringlets.
7. Glue dot the bow into place onto your scrapbooking page.