Transform a boring pair of plain shoes into beautiful glam ribbon shoes! Alter a pair of inexpensive shoes by adding bows, ribbon strands, and ribbon lacing for a couture, fashionable look!
Sandy Sandler, owner and inventor of Bowdabra teaches us how to create these amazing back-to-school shoes in her step-by-step tutorial.
1. Begin with a plain pair of slip on shoes.
2. Cut 3/8? wide satin ribbon long enough that when fold in half each of the tails can wrap and weave around the leg up to the calf. Cut 4 strands of ribbon for each shoe.
3. Fold the ribbon strands in half at the center point glue the ribbon to the back of the shoe. Continue to layer a total of four ribbon strands.
4. Fold the ribbon strands at an angle and hot glue in place. Fold and hot glue each ribbon strand on each shoe.
5. Attach Pink & Green Flower Bobbin Ribbon to the front of the shoes.
6. Finish the shoes by adding small bows. To make the bows place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler metric side up on the Mini Bowdabra. Cut a piece of 18? Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Next, using the ruler as your guide create a 4cm tail by placing 3/8? satin ribbon strand into the Mini Bowdabra. Fold the ribbon to create a 3cm loop, fold ribbon on the opposite side for another 3cm loop, and finish with 4cm tail on the opposite side.
8. Finish the bow by scrunching it down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot. Cut off excess Bowdabra Bow Wire.
9. Create two exact bows and glue a finishing ribbon to the center of the bows to hid the Bowdabra Bow Wire. Attach the bows to the tops of the shoes.
10. Using the ribbon strands either wrap or weave them around the ankle up to the calf. Tie the ribbons in a bow in the back, to complete the look.
title=”ribbonshoes_final-1″ src=”http://web.archive.org/web/20120525083331im_/https://www.bowdabra.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/ribbonshoes_final-11-300×238.jpg” alt=”” width=”300″ height=”238″ />
This craft was provided by Sandy Sandler, owner and inventor of Bowdabra.
For more back-to-school crafts…..