One of my favorite clothing items for the summer are flip-flops. They are super comfy and are perfect in this sweltering weather. Well, my little girl is no different. We sport our flip flops everyday proudly. Because of this, we decided to add a little bit of Bowdabra flare to our shoes this week. This is a simple project that really anyone can do and is a great way to spruce up any old pair of flip flops. This can be done to adult or child size flip flops.
For This Project You’ll Need:
– 1 Pair of Flip Flops
– 3/8? Grosgrain Ribbon
– Hot Glue Gun
– Mini Bowdabra
– Bowdabra Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
– Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. Begin making the bows by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler on top of the Mini Bowdabra. Next, I cut a 18”³ piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and folded it in half and laid it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Cut two pieces of ribbon 18 inches long.
3. Place your ribbon in your Mini Bowdabra.
4. Start with one strip of ribbon and make one loop on the right.
5. Repeat by doing another loop on the left side. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
6. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
7. Trim the edges of your bow. With the leftover ribbon tie it around the bow to hide your Bowdabra wire.
8. Take your bow and put a generous d0llop of glue on the back. Place on flip flop and press firmly down. Add extra glue under bow to secure it to the flip flop.
9. Follow the above directions for the other 18? strip of ribbon to create two bows. One for each flip flop.
10. Let the glue dry and enjoy!