This week on our Bowdabra Blog we will be featuring Summer Memories Craft Project Tutorials. Create a beautiful and unique summer memories wooden wall hanging by using an unfinished wooden tray, summer photos, scrapbooking paper and embellishments. Fond summer memories can be displayed easily using Darice’s unfinished wooden trays and Morex grosgrain ribbons.
1. Begin with an unfinished wooden tray.
2. Add several coats of paint to the tray and let dry. Using Mod Podge decoupage a summer photo or photos onto the tray. Apply the Mod Podge with a foam brush. Let dry.
3. Decoupage scrapbook lettering and embellishments onto the tray. Let the Mod Podge dry.
4. Wrap 7/8” wide grosgrain ribbon around the tray. Knot it at the center.
5. Dovetail the ends of the ribbon. This ribbon will be used to hang your summer memories wall tray.
6. To make the bow for the top of the tray – Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler top of the Mini Bowdabra. Cut an 18” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half.
7. Follow the step-by-step directions on the Interactive Hair Bow Making CD to create a 6” wide Boutique Bow with tails using the polka dot green wire ribbon.
8. Add a 5” wide Basic Bow with tails using the pink polka dot wire ribbon.
9. Finish the bow with 4” wide Boutique Bow using 7/8” pink grosgrain ribbon.
10. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
11. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
12. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra.
13. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
14. Fluff the bow.
15. Using the Bowdabra Bow Wire attach the bow to the ribbon that is wrapped around the tray. Use the remaining wire as a hanger to hang your summer memories wall hanging.
The Interactive Hair Bow Making CD comes with the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler. The Interactive CD provides step-by-step instructions for making 70 different hair bows. Instructions for making the Boutique Bow, Boutique Bow with Tails, and Basic Bows pictured in this tutorial are available on the Hair Bow Making CD. The Hair Bow Tool & Ruler fits easily over the Mini Bowdabra to make even and exact bow loops every time. The Hair Bow Tool & Ruler and Mini Bowdabra can be purchase as set in our Hair Bow Creator Pack – bonus 5 rolls of ribbon included.