Choose your child’s Halloween outfit ( or make it”¦see bonus note at end) and make gorgeous bows to match it perfectly! Find the materials that match just right and start the fun. This boutique style bow was inspired by a homemade Halloween tutu dress and leg warmers. The materials used were Tulle, net, and ribbon.
To make this bow you will need:
· Mini Bowdabra
· Hair Bow Tool and Ruler
· Bowdabra Bow Wire
· Tulle (6 inch spool, cut to 6” long)
· Netting (cut to 6x9inch)
· 1.5”œ wire edge ribbon, pre-cut and dove-tailed to 4 inches (also use this ribbon for knot)
· 1.5”grosgrain ribbon, pre-cut and dove-tailed to 4 inches
· 7/8” polka dot ribbon, pre-cut and dove-tailed to 4 inches
· 3/8” ”œscrunchy” ribbon, pre-cut to 4 inches
· 1.5” Wire Sheer Polka Dot Ribbon
· 7/8” Grosgrain Ribbon
· 7/8” Checkered Ribbon for knot
· Alligator Clip (NOTE: For more active girls, you can use a clip that locks in place)
· Hot Glue
1. Start by finding the ribbon, tulle, and netting that match the outfit perfectly.
2. Next, place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler on top of the Mini Bowdabra. Cut a piece of 18”³ Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold it in half and place it into the Bowdabra.
3. Scrunch pre-cut netting with fingers and place in Mini Bowdabra.
4. Then, place the pre-cut pieces of grosgrain, wire-edged, polka dot, and ”œscrunchy” ribbon (in that order) in Mini Bowdabra. Scrunch with Bowdabra wand.
5. Scrunch pre-cut tulle with fingers and place in Mini Bowdabra.
6. Next, following the instructions on the Interactive CD, that comes with the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler, make 3” wide boutique bow using 1.5” Sheer Polka Dot Ribbon. Leave tails. Scrunch with Bowdabra Wand.
7. Using 7/8” grosgrain ribbon make a single loop 2” bow. Scrunch with Bowdabra Wand.
8. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow and double knot. Trim off extra wire.
9. Trim all tails of the extra ribbon.
10. Place 3/8” checkered ribbon over 1.5” wire-edged ribbon. Tie a loose knot, keeping checkered ribbon on the outside. Set aside.
11. Prepare bow to have knot glued on by positioning ribbon exactly where you want it and hold it with one hand. With the other hand do a glue dab on the top and both sides of the bow. Place prepared knot over middle and side of bow and press.
12. Trim one side of knot and glue to back of bow. Glue the other side to back of bow and trim extra ribbon and tulle.
13. Trim tulle and netting on each side in rounded motion so it hangs out from the edge of the bow (or to desired length).
14. Hold alligator clip open (to ensure clip not getting glue on the inside) and glue top of it. Then press to back of bow. (Please note: You can line the clip with ribbon, but I prefer not to. The clip stays in hair better without being lined and the clip does not show in this particular bow)
15. Your bow is ready to wear!
16. Make two for a pig tails look. These matching bows will help make her Halloween special!
I used the netting, tulle and ribbon used in the bow to make an adorable onesie tutu dress. I also used the tulle, netting, and ribbon and attached it to the bottom of leg warmers to complete the look. Have fun and get creative!