Using unfinished wooden plaques is a wonderful way to add inexpensive Halloween DÃ©cor to your home. Create a festive touch by simply using a glue stick and sprinkling glitter onto the smeared glue. Shake away excess glitter for a bright and ”œspirited” touch of spooky dÃ©cor! Finish the craft with ribbon and Halloween embellishments.
1. Begin with an unfinished wooden Halloween plaque.
2. Paint the plaque with acrylic paints and let dry.
3. Using a glue stick add glue to where ever you would like the glitter to stick to. Sprinkle glitter onto the plaque.
4. Tip the plaque over and let excess glitter fall off.
5. Dovetail the ends of small strips of purple satin ribbon. Tie the ribbon onto the wooden plaque.
6. Using tacky glue or hot glue attach small plastic spiders or other spooky embellishments.
7. To make the bow for the Halloween Wall DÃ©cor cut a piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire 18” long and fold it in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Dovetail the end of purple satin ribbon and place the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra creating a 6” ribbon tail.
9. Fold and press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra to create your first loop.
10. Continue creating loops back and forth on either side for a total of 4 loops. Trim and dovetail the ribbon on the other side for two matching tails.
11. Create 4 more loops using thin width orange satin ribbon. Place the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra leaving no tails.
12. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
13. Leave the bow in the Mini Bowdabra for now. Thread the 2 loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
14. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
15. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of th
e Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
16. Fluff bow.
17. Attach the bow to the Halloween Wall Plaque and use the excess Bowdabra Bow Wire to hang the plaque.