Make these fun reindeer apples to place around your home. Kids and adults will love this healthy and sweet holiday decor. Make several reindeer to create a little reindeer family. Use apples, candy canes, and pipe cleaners to create this simple and unique holiday decor craft.
”¢ Mini Bowdabra ®
”¢ Bowdabra ® Bow Wire
”¢ Apple (Faux or Real)
”¢ 2 Wrapped Candy Canes
”¢ 5 Pipe Cleaners
”¢ 2 Googly Eyes
”¢ Red Foam Circle or Pom-Pom
”¢ 5/8? Red Satin Ribbon
”¢ Jingle Bell
”¢ Glue Dots – Craft Dots
1. Begin with an apple. If you are using a real apple check for discoloring or bruised spots.
2. Next, twist a brown pipe cleaner around the top of a candy cane and down the side. Wrap two candy canes the same. *Helpful Hint* Leave the candy canes in the wrapping so they can be eaten at a later time.
3. Take another pipe cleaner and wrap the ends several times around each of the candy canes. It will give a head-band shape for your apple.
4. Place reindeer ”œhead-band” on top of the apple. *Optional* Use a Craft Glue Dot on either side to hold the candy canes in place.
5. Wrap two pipe cleaners around the apple and the candy canes. Twist them tightly to hold everything in place.
6. Using Craft Glue Dots attach two googly eyes onto the top pipe cleaner. Using red foam with adhesive back adhere the nose onto the other pipe cleaner.
7. To make the bow for the reindeer: Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
8. Cut a piece of ribbon to make bow tails. Dove-tail the ends of ribbon by folding your ribbon in half and cutting at a 45 degree angle.
9. Lay your ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra. Decide how big you want your loops. To make your first loop, fold the ribbon and press into the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Continue folding the ribbon back and forth until you have created as many loops as you desire.
11. Scrunch ribbon down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
12. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
13. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
14. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
15. Fluff your bow and attach a jingle bell to the center. To attach the jingle bell run the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the center hole of the bell.
16. Tie the bow onto the top pipe cleaner. Spiral Bowdabra Bow Wire into fun little ringlets by wrapping it around a pencil.
17. Tie a bow to one apple and leave the other plain for a Mr. & Mrs. Reindeer. Add little rhinestone onto the foam nose for extra sparkle. Place reindeer apples around your home. Give the apples to guests at your holiday party or place on the table as a cute centerpiece.
…..Or give Mr. & Mrs. Reindeer as a gift to your child’s teacher during the holidays.