Create this inexpensive but exquisite handmade frame to give as a Thanksgiving hostess gift. I purchased an unfinished frame cutout for only .50 cents at a local store. I finished the frame with items that I had in my craft stash. I am thrilled with the results of my super inexpensive frame!
1. Begin with an unfinished wooden frame cutout. Quickly sand any rough edges on the frame.
3. Cut cardstock for backing and a matting. Use tacky glue to attach it to the back of the frame.
4. Cut 24 gauge wire to be used to swirl and add beads along the sides of the frame. Hold one end of the wire in place on the back of the frame with packing tape. Add beads and swirl the wire on the front of the frame. Fold the wire over the side of the frame when done and hold it in place with more packing tape.
5. Use glitter sticker letters and adhere a message onto the frame. I chose mine to read “Give Thanks”.
6. Cut a piece of cardboard to fit on the back of the frame. Cut a 3? dowel to hold the frame upright. Insert the dowel into the cardboard by pressing it firmly into the bottom of the cardboard. Use a little tacky glue to hold the dowel in place.
7. Attach the cardboard to the back of the frame using tacky glue. Once everything is dry your handmade Thanksgiving frame is ready to be given as a hostess gift.