I am real excited to share this Valentine’s Day cloth flower pin tutorial with you today. I have seen so many beautiful pins recently and I wanted to make an easy Valentine’s Day fabric pin using recycled fabric and tulle.
Posts that I read on two of our Bowdabra Designers blogs inspired this tutorial.
Katie of SewWoodsy recently shared with her readers a tutorial for making recycled fabric flowers to embellish a shirt. I wanted to make something similar, however, I attached a pin to the back so that it could be removed before washing.
Danielle of Blissful and Domestic used white tulle to add fun and excitement to the collar of a plain white t-shirt!
Using the Bowdabra and inspiration from both designers posts we would like to share with you today our Valentine’s Day Cloth Flower Pin.
1. Cut a piece of scrap red fabric about 18” long. I used an old stain cotton T-shirt.
2. Cut an 18” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
3. Begin to place the cotton into the Bowdabra through the top.
4. Place all the fabric into the Bowdabra.
5. Next, place tulle or scrap nylon into the center of the Bowdabra.
6. Place the tulle or nylon all the way down into the Bowdabra.
7. Optional add little floral stamens.
8. Scrunch down the ribbon with the Bowdabra Wand.
9. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
10. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
11. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
12. Fluff bow.
13. Using the leftover Bowdabra Bow Wire attach a pin to the back of the bow.
14. Your Valentine’s Day cloth flower pin is finished and can be worn.
For more Valentine’s Day projects click here…
Added to following link parties: