I love the funky loopy bow, it is actually one of my most favorite bows to make. It is called a funky loopy bow because there is so much going on with the bow. There is sheer ribbon, tulle ribbon, grosgrain, ruffled, and korker – all intertwined together among ribbon loops to create a gorgeously FUNKY bow.
- 21? of 4 strands of Assorted Ribbon (this is the for the loops)
- 2.75? French Clip
- 6? wide Tulle
- Korker Ribbon
- 4? strands of assorted dovetailed ribbon
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. Begin with several strands of spring colored ribbon. To make korker ribbon, wrap ribbon around wooden dowels and bake for 20minutes at 275 degrees. To learn more about korker ribbon click here for a video.
2. Next, remove the center spring-backing of the french clip. Cut 18? of Bowdabra Bow Wire to tie the ribbon to the clip. Cut 4 strands of 21? long ribbon and dovetail the ends. Attach the ribbon to the clip by tying with Bowdabra Bow Wire.
3. Measure 4? of ribbon, pinch it and tie it to the clip using the Bowdabra Bow Wire.
4. Continue adding loops every 4? inches.
5. Add a total of 4 loops with dovetails at each end. Trim away excess wire.
6. Separate the loops and move them in opposite directions to create a full bow.
7. Make 3 spikey bows that will fit inside of the loops. To make the first bow place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18? of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Cut two 6? strands of tulle, four 4? dovetailed ribbon, and three korker ribbon. Place them into the Mini Bowdabra.
9. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
10. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra.
11. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
12. Tie the bow to the french clip in between the loops. Trim away excess wire.
13. Continue making two more spikey bows. Tie the bows to the french clip using the Bowdabra Bow Wire. Trim away excess wire.
14. Optional: Trim tulle to make a rounded style bow. Insert center back into the french clip. Your Funky Loopy Spring Bow is complete.