Learn how to make a headband with a mini top hat or derby hat for St. Patrick’s Day or any occasion. Mini top hats on headbands are fun fashion accessory that look adorable on all ages. I recently found a small plastic St. Patrick’s Day hat at my local party store. I thought the little hat would be a wonderful inexpensive way to decorate a headband and be fashionable for St. Patrick’s Day!
1. Begin by purchasing a small St. Patrick’s Day plastic top hat. I found a package of 6 at a local party store for $1.99.
2. Remove the elastic from the hat and use twine to tie the hat to the headband.
3. Hot glue 5/8? satin ribbon around the bottom of the hat. Use hot glue sparingly because it will melt the hat if it is put on too thick.
4. Glue green boa around the rim of the hat.
5. Attach craft feathers to the front of the hat.
6. Next, place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut a piece of 18? Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Next, cut strips of green tulle 3? x 3? and place them into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Next, using 3? wide gold tulle place it down into the Mini Bowdabra like an accordion.
9. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
10. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
11. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra.
12. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
13. Fluff the bow and trim away excess Bowdabra Bow Wire and hot glue it to the front of the St. Patrick’s Day hat.
14. Following the woven ribbon clover tutorial add the clover to the front of the hat.
15. Add a button or gem to the center of the ribbon clover.
16. Your headband with mini St. Patrick’s Day top hat is ready to be worn.