Design a handmade card with a Spring theme. Finish the design with a simple bow made with the Mini Bowdabra
and the Bowdabra Hair Bow Tool & Ruler.
1. Once your card is assembled finish the card with a Mini Bowdabra Bow. Begin first by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Next, cut 18? of Bowdabra Bow Wire. Cut the ribbon at an angle and seal with either clear nail polish or a lighter. Press the ribbon end into the Mini Bowdabra at the 2? mark. Fold and press the ribbon loops at the 1? mark.
2. Next, cut the ribbon tail at the 2? mark on the either side. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra.
3. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
4. Trim away excess wire and then add a Glue Dot on the back of the bow in order to secure a strip of ribbon around the bow to hide the gold wire.
5. Place another Glue Dot on the end of your finishing ribbon. Fold the finishing ribbon around the Bowdabra Bow Wire and using another Glue Dot, adhere it to the back covering the original edge. Cut the ribbon close to the glue. Adhere another glue dot on the back of the bow in order to secure it to your card.
6. On this card I also used a small Glue Dot under each of the ribbon tails to hold it to the card where I wanted them to be. Your spring themed card is complete.
The ways to enter the giveaway with this post are the following: (4 entries per person for this post)
(1 entry) Click the Pin It button at the bottom of this post. Please mark the pin with @bowdabra so that we can easily find it in a search. Please leave a comment below that you pinned it along with your Pinterest name. We would love to follow your boards!
(1 entry) Follow all Bowdabra’s Boards at Pinterest – http://pinterest.com/bowdabra/
(1 entry) Leave a comment below about the tutorial
(1 entry) Follow Maggie’s blog at Maggie’s Cat House. Leave a comment so that we know that you are know a follower of her work.
Join us for Bowdabra’s National Craft Month celebration for lots of great ways to enter in our month long giveaway. Contest begins March 1, 2012 and ends March 31, 2012 at midnight eastern time. Winners to be announce April 2, 2012 at http://bowdabra.wpengine.com
**Each blog post brings more entries into our month long contest. Visit our National Craft Month Giveaway Page for a list of all the posts (each day a new post is added to the list), contest rules, and contest help.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.