Bridal Showers are so much fun! We love giving little treats to those who attend. These “open in case of emergency” candy bags were a huge hit at the last one we set up for. This treat bag can be filled with the bridal party colors. Use this same idea for the actual wedding, baby showers, office parties and more!
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler (metric side)
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- 3/8 DF Satin 15yd Ivory
- scrap ribbon to match colors
- Treat bags
- Circle tags
- Colorful scrapbook paper
- Glue or pop dots
1. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Add an 18”³ of Bowdabra Bow Wire. Fold the wire in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Take a circle tag, add on a glue dot and layer it onto coordinating scrapbook paper.
3. Cut around the tag, leaving a border around the tag.
4. Write your message on the tag. We wrote, “Open in case of an emergency.”
5. Use a 6″ piece of Bowdabra wire ribbon and attach it to the tag.
6. Cut strips of coordinating scrap ribbon and place them one at a time into the center of the Mini Bowdabra to match the colors of your event. Add the tag on top of that.
7. Make a tail and fold the coordinating satin ribbon into the Bowdabra. Use the measurement marks to make equal bows and tails.
8. Scrunch ribbon with Mini Bowdabra wand.
9. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra and knot it off.
10. Add M & Ms or any mini candy to the treat bags and tie the ribbon to the bag with the extra Bowdabra wire.