My mom loves to garden and Mother’s Day is the perfect time to give her plants, seeds, and gardening tools. Personalize your Mother’s Day gardening gifts with a pretty painted watering can and a matching painted Terra Cotta pot. Add some seed packets to the little garden pot and finish with a pretty Mini Bowdabra Bow.
1. Begin with a small Terra Cotta pot.
2. Seal the pot and then paint the Terra Cotta pot with acrylic paints or Terra Cotta paints. Let the paints dry and seal the pot, again. This is a fun projects for kids to do as well.
3. While everything is drying create a Mini Bowdabra Bow. Begin by cutting 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. Next, layer both sheer ribbon and bobbin ribbon together. Place the tails into the Mini Bowdabra with the bobbin ribbon on the bottom.
5. Fold and twist the ribbon to create the first loop.
6. Fold and twist the ribbon again to create a similar sized loop.
7. Fold and twist the ribbon for your third loop. This loop should be slightly smaller than the last. Fold and twist to create a matching loop on the other side.
8. Create two additional smaller sized loops by folding and twisting the ribbon. Trim the ribbon from the spool. Scrunch the bow down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
9. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back and knot.
11. Fluff the bow.
12. Roll flower and herb seed packets and hold them all together with the Mini Bowdabra Bow. Twist the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire with a pencil to create fun ringlets.
13. Design a watering can with simple acrylic painted designs and add the hand-painted Terra Cotta pot with seed packets for the perfect Mother’s Day gardening gift.