July is the perfect month to start your Christmas crafts. Make a few adorable Christmas tree cards with ribbon and yarn. Your friends, family and neighbors will appreciate your thoughtfulness.
1. Fold one piece of cardstock in half and cut with your paper cutter or scissors. Fold one of the pieces in half to make a card. Cut a piece of Christmas paper to fit one side of the folded piece of cardstock. Use double stick tape or a glue gun to attach Christmas paper to the cardstock.
2. Cut a small piece of ribbon for the trunk of the tree and glue towards the bottom of the card. You could also use double stick tape but I found glue dots worked the best.
3. Cut 3 inch pieces of assorted grosgrain ribbon. I used colored ribbon that matched.
4. Fold each ribbon piece in half and apply a small glue dot to secure the cut ends together.
5. Repeat step four so all of the ribbon pieces are ready to apply to the card. I used 10 pieces of ribbon.
6. Glue folded ribbon pairs onto the card starting at the top of the trunk until you have a full tree.
7. Next, take the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler and place on the Mini Bowdabra. Place a piece of grosgrain ribbon onto the Mini Bowdabra with the tail on the left at the 1 ½” mark.
8. Make two loops on each side and scrunch down with the wand.
9. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends through. Carefully trim the ends of the ribbon tails and fluff.
10. Glue the bow to the top of the tree. Wasn’t that easy? Make more and give to friends, family or neighbors for Christmas.