Design a beautiful Mini Bowdabra bow by adding a crocheted edge to satin ribbon. I used a 3/8″ satin ribbon and the Sharp Crochet Hook to create stunning holiday bow. I am ecstatic with the final look of the bow but it did take about 45 minutes to complete it. In my opinion, this is a great Christmas in July project. If you start making the bows now you could have several elegant bows perfect for gift toppers this December. This style bow would also be wonderful to reuse and attach to tree ornaments.
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Sharp Crochet Hook
- 18.5″ of 3/8″ Satin Ribbon
- Crochet Tread
- Button for the center of the bow
1. Begin with the crochet thread, 18.5″ of 3/8″ satin ribbon, and the sharp crochet hook.
2. Next, pierce the ribbon every .25″ and single chain.
3. Create your edging using either the Sharp Crochet Hook handbook with 15 different designs or just create a simple edge like I did. Single Chain 2, Skip 1, and Double Chain. I crocheted two rows.
4. To design the bow place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Next, take the ribbon with the crocheted edge and fold it in half to create a crease. At the crease place the ribbon face down into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Now fold the ribbon on one side at the 2.5″ mark to create your first loop.
7. Fold the ribbon at the 2.5″ mark on the other side to create your other loop.
8. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
9. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
11. Bring the wire back along the front of the bow and attach a button. Bring the wire to the back, again, and knot.
12. Using a pen create fun ringlets with the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire. Fluff bow.
13. Attach the delicate satin ribbon bow with crochet edging to a gift package.