Create a DIY candy box that is perfect for this coming Grandparents Day. Rub-On transfers are a wonderful way to decorate little candy and gift boxes! Best of all Rub-On transfers are so super easy to adhere, even kids can do it!
1. Wrap the cover of the box in ribbon secure with tape on the underneath.
2. Adhere ”œRub-On” to the box according to manufacture’s instructions: Cut out design: remove backing sheet. Position on project design side up. Rub over design with craft stick; lift sheet. Place transfers on all four sides.
3. Adhere transfer to the cover, as well.
4. To make your bow for the candy box: Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
5. Cut the piece of ribbon approximately the width of the candy box. Dovetail both ends: fold the ribbon in half lengthwise. Position your scissors at the folded edge of the ribbon and cut the end at a 45 °degree angle. Place the ribbon in the Bowdabra.
6. Lay your ribbon into the Bowdabra. Decide how big you want your loops. To make your first loop, fold the ribbon and press into the Bowdabra. Fold the other side with a matching loop and cut ribbon.
7. Lay another style ribbon into the Bowdabra. Decide how big you want your loops. To make your first loop, fold the ribbon and press into the Bowdabra. Continue folding ribbon back and forth into the Bowdabra. Cut ribbon after several loops.
8. Scrunch ribbon down with the Bowdabra Wand.
9. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
10. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
11. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
12. Attach the bow to the ribbon along the cover of the candy box. Fluff bow and fill the box with some of Grandma & Grandpa’s favorites!