Halloween wreaths are a great way to decorate your home and show your spooky and fun spirit. Using black and silver craft feather boa create an easy to make Halloween Wreath. Cover the foam wreath with ribbon and then feather boa. Next, wrap the wreath with polka-dotted black and orange sheer ribbon. Finish the Halloween wreath with a gorgeous Bowdabra Bow.
1. Begin by gathering craft materials to make the wreath.
2. Cover the foam with black grosgrain ribbon.
3. Begin to wrap the wreath with black and silver craft feather boa.
4. Wrap the entire foam wreath with feather boa. I used two craft feather boa packages.
5. Tack orange and black sheer ribbon ends to the inside of the wreath – use a quilting pin to hold it in place.
6. Wrap the entire wreath in the orange and black ribbon. Use the quilting pin to hold the other ends of the ribbon down.
7. To make the bow for the Halloween Feather Boa Wreath: Cut 24″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold the wire in half and place it into the Bowdabra. Tuck the wire ends under the Bowdabra to keep them in place.
8. Next, cut two strands of black and orange sheer ribbon – dovetail the ends. Fold the ribbon in half to create a crease. At the crease mark place the ribbon into the Bowdabra.
9. Place the ends of the sheer ribbon into the Bowdabra.
10. Fold and then twist your ribbon to create your first loop.
11. Fold and twist another loop on the other side.
12. Continue folding and twisting to create several more loops.
13. Create two more smaller loops and one smallest loop. Trim away excess ribbon.
14. Scrunch down with the bow with the Bowdabra Bow Wand.
15. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
16. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
17. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
18. Separate loops and fluff bow.
19. Using the Bowdabra Bow Wire attach the bow to the wreath. The excess wire is also perfect for hanging the wreath.
20. Optional: Attach little Halloween accents like this fun owl I found at my local craft store.
21. Hang your Feather Bow Wreath for this upcoming Halloween.
Click here for more information about the designer….