Paper flower balls make a wonderful inexpensive decorations for Valentine’s Day. Use a flower petal punch to make loads (this decoration took 115 punches) of tiny little paper flowers. Attach the flowers, with pins, to a Styrofoam ball ”“ to create this fun DIY Valentine’s Day home decor accessory!
Paper Flower Decoration Supplies:
1. Begin by creating 115 paper flower punches sized 1.5″.
2. Next, insert a wooden dowel into a 3″ Styrofoam ball.
3. Place a seed bead onto a pin, insert the pin into a paper flower punch.
4. Insert the flower punches into the Styrofoam ball. Fold up the petals to add dimension.
5. Continue to add paper flowers.
6. Cover the entire ball with the flowers.
7. To make the bow for the paper flower decoration: Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Cut two ribbon strands of 3/8″ wide ribbon 18″ long. Fold the ribbon in half to create a crease. At the crease mark press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
9. Insert floral beaded strands.
10. Insert the end of the 3/8″ ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
11. Fold and press the ribbon at the 2.5″ mark to create your first loop.
12. Fold and press a matching ribbon loop on the other side.
13. Make a total of 6 loops.
14. Trim ribbon from the spool. Then scrunch the bow down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
15. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
16. Pull the wire tightly.
17. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
18. Remove the dowel from the Styrofoam ball. Wrap and glue grosgrain ribbon around the dowel leaving room at the top for the Styrofoam ball to be re-inserted. Tie the bow onto the dowel and spiral the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire to create fun ringlets.
18. Place the paper flower ball back onto the dowel.
19. Fill a small vase or glass container with craft boa. Add a piece of small Styrofoam or craft cork to the bottom. Place the dowel into the cork to keep the paper flower ball upright. Display the paper flower decoration in home for Valentine’s Day.