Simple and sweet is the best way to celebrate Valentine’s Day. I love crafting and creating projects to share with family and friends ESPECIALLY a project that takes less than 30 minutes from start to clean up! How about you? Time is always a factor if and when I’m going to get crafty!
This week on the Bowdabra Blog we are celebrating Valentine’s Day Decor. We hope you like the Valentine’s Day Wreath and other fun projects to make and to share!
Valentine’s Day Craft Materials:
1. Wrap a bendable garland around the grapevine wreath. If you can’t find any, replace it with seasonal ribbon.
2. Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra bow wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end. Tuck it under the Mini Bowdabra.
3. Take the end of the ribbon and place it into the Mini Bowdabra to create a 4 inch tail. Twist the ribbon so the design stays facing up. Fold the ribbon to make a loop. This is the beginning of your first loop.
4. Continue to do this until you have 3 or 4 loops on each side. Stop at the opposite side of the tail so you have one on both sides. Trim the ribbon to match the other side.
5. Once you have achieved your desired ribbon width scrunch down the ribbon with the Bowdabra wand.
6. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra bow wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the bow wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the MiniBowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the bow wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the bow wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
7. Fluff and shape the bow.
8. Place bow on the grapevine wreath to figure out where you’d like to place the bow. Once you’ve decided where you’d like then attach the bow to the back of the wreath. Tie it on and trim off excess Bowdabra bow wire. Use a piece of the bow wire ribbon to attach the bow to your door. You can tie, staple or hot glue the ribbon to the back of the wreath.
11. Add a tag and write a simple and sweet message.