I love making hair bows especially for my nieces since I don’t have a daughter. Using a Bowdabra makes it especially easy to create those fun hair accessories. Get ready for Valentine’s Day by gathering all of your pink and white ribbon to make a special hair bow. Invite your daughter, nieces or whomever to help create a fun Valentine’s Day Gift.
1. Gather a variety of pink, white, red ribbon to create the perfect hair bow.
2. Next, cut 18” of Bowdabra Bow Wire and place into the Bowdabra.
3. Cut four 5” pieces of ribbon. These pieces will be at the bottom of the bow, so I chose pink sheer ribbon.
4. Start placing each piece of ribbon onto the Bowdabra.
5. Cut 4 5” pieces of white ribbon. I used white Picot ribbon.
6. Place each of the white ribbon pieces onto the Bowdabra.
7. Next, place a piece of pink polka dot ribbon into the Bowdabra with the polka dots facing down.
8. To make your first loop, fold and twist the ribbon and press into the Bowdabra.
9. Next, fold and twist the other side at the same width.
10. Scrunch down the ribbon by using the Bowdabra wand. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the ribbon tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
12. Glue a piece of grosgrain ribbon onto an alligator clip.
13. Glue a jewel onto the middle of the bow and attach to the alligator clip. I trimmed some of the ribbon so it looked a little more balanced. Enjoy your new Valentine’s Day bow.