Here is another fun and easy project to create with your daughter, granddaughter, niece or cousin. When I was growing up, I used to make these fun spiky hair bows out of fabric. I used the same concept but used ribbon instead. These are perfect for any holiday. I believe I had one for each holiday starting with Valentine’s Day.
1. Gather all of the materials you will need for this project.
2. Cut about 40 5” pieces of ribbon. I used a variety of colors and types of ribbon including sheer, satin and Picot.
3. Fold a piece of ribbon upwards.
4. Dovetail the ends of the ribbon pieces. I didn’t dovetail all of the pieces but a few to add a fun look.
5. Organize your ribbon pieces in the order you want to tie onto the rubber band.
6. Next, tie the first piece of ribbon onto the rubber band.
7. Continue tying the pieces tightly onto the rubber band.
8. If you don’t like the order, move one piece aside and tie the preferred piece on. Easy fix!
9. Make sure there are no spaces on your bow. 40 pieces of ribbon should be enough but it will depend on the type of rubber band you buy.
10. Your hair bow is ready to wear. These bows are perfect around buns or ponytails. And remember, you could make one for each holiday, ballet recital, concert, etc etc.